Check out these awesome New Zealand wine & food festivals!
In New Zealand we have a great summer tradition of wine and food festivals. These range in size from large events like the Marlborough Wine and Food Festival to small fairs showcasing local produce.
All offer a fantastic day out in the sunshine listening to live music and sampling a wide range of New Zealand wines, craft beers and gourmet delights. If you would like to include one or more in your self-drive tour please contact us as soon as possible, as some of these events sell out quickly.
A few suggestions include:
- Toast Martinborough (November, southern North Island - a popular long running festival and easy drive from Wellington)
- Marlborough Wine and Food Festival (February, Blenheim, South Island - one of the largest and not to be missed for sauvignon blanc lovers.)
- Wairarapa Harvest Festival (March, southern North Isalnd - Wine, food and fun with music thrown in for good measure).
- Hokitika Wildfoods Festival (March, West Coast, South Island - Food & Wine plus a chance to sample some 'wild food'.)
- Waipara Valley Wine & Food Festival (March, Caterbury, South Island - another wine and food festival that offers a musical experience)
If you get the chance, these festivals are well worth including in your New Zealand experience!